The sky’s the limit for career-minded staff at The Fish & Chip Co.



Sibusisiwe Dube
Sibusisiwe Dube’s rapid rise from cashier to store manager is proof that The Fish & Chip Co. offers ambitious staff members a genuine opportunity to advance their careers. Sibusisiwe joined the Mooikloof Village store in Pretoria East as a cashier in 2011, and in just four months she was running the entire store.

“The Fish & Chip Co. team encouraged me to better myself and as soon as I realised that with hard work and determination I could become a manager, so I gave it my all,” she says. “I’m very proud of the position I now hold. I want to continue to improve myself and I’m currently studying towards a Diploma in Marketing Management. One day I aim to own my own franchise.”

Dube believes the most important aspect of being a manager is keeping both customers and employees happy. She’s achieving this balance with her excellent communication skills and by showing respect to everyone she interacts with during the day, customers and staff alike.  She’s also proved to be a great leader with good operational skills and excels at multi-tasking.

“One of the things I love most about my job is forming relationships with our customers and getting to know them, especially the regulars,” she adds. “As a team we like to greet our customers by name and we even know their favourite menu items. To me, The Fish & Chip Co. is not just a brand, it’s home. I’m excited to get up every morning and I can’t wait to serve my clients with the highest quality food and exceptional customer service. It’s this special customer service that keeps people coming back, but what truly sets us apart in the marketplace is the quality and taste of our food.”

For a franchise to be successful, Dube says it’s important to establish and maintain a harmonious relationship between the employees and the franchisee. This creates a vibrant atmosphere and a sense of teamwork where together everybody achieves more. This principle helps Dube and her team maintain a healthy and productive working environment.

Pertunia Tsotetsi, Marketing Manager at The Fish & Chip Co., says that Dube's career success to date proves that the franchise is people-focused and that the company understands the importance of driving customer relationships and value, while simultaneously developing and encouraging the internal growth of its employees.

“We’re very proud of Sibusisiwe’s achievements, which can largely attributed to the hard work, dedication, professionalism and commitment to excellence she has displayed since she joined us,” concluded Tsotetsi. “Her achievements also indicate that The Fish & Chips Co.’s business model is an ideal springboard for anyone entering the working world. We create a great environment for ambitious and talented individuals to develop and grow their careers within the company.  This winning recipe will ensure that many others are empowered to achieve similar results.”

Customers of The Fish & Chips Co. rate it one of the top fish brands in the fast food sector. There are currently 300 stores countrywide and in neighbouring states. The Fish & Chip Co. is a subsidiary of the JSE-listed Taste Holdings group.

Comments